Chef Stephen Windows stacks layer upon layer of fruits and veggies and then tops off the tower with a handful of fresh crab meat. A final drizzle of make-ahead ginger dressing gives this piled high stack a punch of far eastern flavor.
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 6 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup fresh crab meat
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the ginger, sugar, lime juice, garlic and water. Refrigerate the dressing overnight.
- See step-by-step photos below to assemble each of the four crab stacks by tightly layering together in a mold one fourth of each of the pea shoots, tomatoes, cucumbers, mango, onions, avocado and crab. (If you don't have a mold, you can use any hollowed-out aluminum can or circular bottle).
- Press down on the top layer while slowly removing the mold to reveal the freestanding crab stack. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to form a total of four crab stacks.
- Drizzle the crab stacks with the ginger-lime dressing and serve.