Some of these greens do very well when they are cooked. While some need to be tossed in at the very last second (radish sprouts are a prime example) others can stand up to a little heat. Microgreens can be a perfect addition to stir fry dishes like this one from Genius Kitchen. They also do well in other dishes like this pasta recipe with fresh spring veggies and pancetta if you aren’t a vegetarian.
- ½ pound pasta of your choice, cooked (bite sized pastas are better than noodles for this recipe)
- 1 4-oz package of pancetta
- 1 C fresh peas
- 3 C pea shoots
- 3 T freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat large, heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Cook pancetta about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in peas and cook until heated through, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add pea shoots and cook for one more minute before tossing all with pasta.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.