Shake up your usual Mexican cuisine and try these festive Beer-Marinated Steak Tostadas with Radish & Pink Peppercorn Butter Recipe. This recipe will serves four (4) servings.
- 330ml light beer
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 800g hanger steak trimmed
- 6 radishes
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 tsp pink peppercorns, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Red-veined sorrel leaves, to serve
- Place the beer, garlic, fish sauce, honey and cumin in a container, mix well to combine. Add the steak and cover in the marinade. Set aside and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- To make the radish & pink peppercorn butter, finely grate the radishes and place in a colander to squeeze out any excess liquid. Then place in a bowl with the butter, lime zest, pink peppercorns and celery salt. Mix to just combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the tortillas one at a time and toast until lightly charred, and then remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Heat the oil in the same frying pan over high heat. Add the steak and then cook for 8 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred and cooked to medium. Remove from the pan, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the pan off the heat, add the butter and set aside to melt.
- To serve, thinly slice the steak. Top each tortilla with sour cream, steak and butter. Serve with red-veined sorrel leaves.